Virtual Advising at KU
Personal Meeting Room Settings
Your Personal Meeting Room in Zoom is a virtual meeting room permanently reserved for you that you can access with your Personal Meeting ID (PMI) or personal link, if applicable. You can start instant meetings with your PMI, or you can schedule a meeting that uses your PMI.
KU IT recommends users never post the Zoom meeting link or ID in a public place. In other words, do not post meeting IDs or links in social media, a website or in a place not protected by a KU log in.
Sharing Your Personal Meeting Room
Adding your personal meeting room link to your Availability in Jayhawk GPS allows students to easily join the scheduled advising appointment moving forward.
- Enable the waiting room for your Zoom account.
- Add or edit your availability.
- Copy your personal meeting link from your Zoom Profile into the URL/Phone Number slot. Your link includes your Personal Meeting ID (PMI). This number does not change.
- Update your Special Instructions for Students, if necessary.
- You can also include your PMI information to your instructions in case there are issues with the link at the time of the scheduled appointment.
- The URL will show to your students in their appointment confirmation message, details, and any update and reminder emails.
Note: With virtual advising, there is an increased number of students who might be in a different time zone. Jayhawk GPS will show the time zone of the scheduled appointments, which for KU will always be the Central Time Zone (CST).